It Couldn’t Have Been More Perfect
Welcome to day 30 of 30 Days of Writing, a creative writing challenge that has come to an end.
I have no pithy remarks to make here, no witty or sarcastic commentary on how crazy/stressful/ridiculous/evil/or just plain stupid this challenge is.
Because while it has been all of those things, it could have been much, much worse.
- First and foremost, it could have been 31 Days of Writing.
- It could have been 30 Days of Cats.
- Outlier could have been a prompt.
- My co-blogger Mike could have bailed on me for more than half of the prompts. Oh. Wait.
- Jepeto could have joined in.
- Everyone could have bailed on me after Day 1. Although, admittedly, that wouldn’t really have made it worse for all of you.
- There could have been RULES, like:
- You must write every single day
- You must write brand new material every single day
- You must write no less than 500 and no more than 900 words every single day
- You have to use 500 to 900 new words every single day – no repeats
- You must include the phrase ‘Nicky should be Supreme Leader‘ every single day, regardless of the theme.
- And lastly, and most importantly, it could have been 31 Days of Writing.
Luckily, though, that wasn’t the case. And as crazy/stressful/ridiculous/evil/or just plain stupid this challenge may have been, it was also challenging, inspiring, creative, fun and perfect.
I got to meet wonderful new bloggers. I got to know some of my dear blogging buddies even better. I got to write about things I never would have written about otherwise. I got to read about things I never would have read about otherwise.
And as much as I labelled this a competition, I also thank you all for being so supportive of each other. I loved visiting everyone’s blogs and seeing that others had already stopped by and left comments.
So for that, and so much more, I award you all one million points. I would also like to invite everyone who participated to stop by WWFC on Monday, July 2nd, for a little surprise.
From the bottom of my heart, thank you all for participating.
And now, for the very last time, I invite you to click on the links below to read some of the loveliest, most talented people I’ve ever had the pleasure to meet.