Welcome to day 22 of 30 Days of Writing, a creative writing challenge borne from the diabolical mind of a mad woman. Our prompt today is “Like there’s no tomorrow”. Brought to you by If I Were God, whose original suggestion was “historical figure I’d bang like there’s no tomorrow”. The perv. Don’t forget to link up at the end of this post if you’ve participated in today’s challenge.
Tomorrow Is Another One
Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one.
Here’s a list of things I would do if I lived life like there’s really no tomorrow, one thing for every hour of the day:
- Stop putting money into my retirement fund
- Start taking money out of my retirement fund
- Stop putting money into my kids’ college fund
- Start taking money out of my kids’ college fund
- Eat chocolate cake for breakfast
- Wear a pink sundress
- Get another tattoo
- Go shopping and spend my retirement fund and my kids’ college fund on things like this:
- Get drunk
- Eat cheese
- Call in sick
- Host a 3,000 day-long writing challenge
- Take a nap
- Dye my hair purple
- Go dancing
- Start a bar brawl
- Ride a motorcycle
- Crash a motorcycle
- Shoot a gun
- Ride a roller-coaster
- Bet $1,000 on red
- Go skinny-dipping
- Kiss a total stranger
- Roll down a grassy hill
- Sing out loud and in public
- Blog about it all
But there is a tomorrow, at least until there isn’t, so I won’t be doing all of that today. Although I’m seriously considering #10.
Go on, now. Click on the links below and read the other fantastic contributors to this challenge. Read like there’s no tomorrow.