So October is almost over and you all know what happens at the end of the month, right? No, not THAT thing. The OTHER thing aka P.J.’s monthly photo challenge. This month’s theme is Fall, as in Autumn, or Fall as in falling down drunk because I drank too much for everybody’s birthdays (but mostly my own) this month. Maybe Fall represents the collective downfalls of all those turkeys we ate for Thanksgiving. The possibilities are endless, but thankfully we’re just going to post 5 photos on the subject except every photo is going to have some scary ass element in it because it’s October and October when things wither and die and we take part in the pagan rituals of Halloween. Yes, October is the scariest month of all.
1. Fall in Montreal. A leisurely stroll, beautiful colours, the cross perched upon Mount Royal and … oh god…municipal election campaign posters ruining the shot. I told you there would be scary elements in these photos. Look there on the right. Do you see him? It’s Richard Bergeron‘s face full of crackpot ideas and it’s peeking out at us through the bushes! I think his head might be haunted! Run!
2. The Magical Cat. Here’s the thing. She’s not my cat but she’s been visiting for 4 years. We named her Marjo, but her real name is probably something weird like Ogdensberg. No one knows where she lives, and sometimes she sleeps over. Sometimes I don’t see her for days and sometimes she doesn’t want to leave when I have to go to work. So, I put out a litter box and leave her for the day. The crazy thing? She’s never used it. This leads me to conclude that she’s magic and probably haunted! And no, I have not found any “surprises” anywhere, although I did just get shivers just thinking about that.
3. Pickled Tomatoes. It’s jarring and canning season since anyone who grew tomatoes usually has a large batch of green ones by the time fall rolls around. I made some classic pickled ones as well as some spicy Szechuan ones (denoted by the red tomato). Also, I’m pretty sure these zombified tomatoes are haunted.
4. A Bike’s Downfall. This bike dressed up for Halloween as a vandalized 10 speed. Great costume! Looks so real! And haunted.
5. Wet Fallen Leaves. Finally, the requisite wet October leaves pic. The sidewalks are slick with wet haunted leaves. It’s great. Happy Halloween, y’all.
Now go visit P.J.’s blog and link up for this months photo challenge.