That’s right. We’re all out of our freakin’ minds because we are participating in the Third Second Annual 30 Minus 2 Days of Writing.
For those of you who are new here, here’s what we’ve all signed up for:
30 Minus 2 Days of Writing
On February 1st, the challenge will begin. On February 28th, the challenge will end.
As with our previous challenges,there are NO RULES. What does that mean? Well it means:
- No minimum or maximum word count: write five, 500 or 5,000 words. But nobody will read your 5,000 words.
- You determine the writing style of each post: action, adventure, comedy, crime, Sci-Fi, horror, mystery, or my personal favourite – erotica, etc.
- There is no specific time to post: the linky-thing can be found at the end of my daily post and will be up around 8am, Montreal-time.
- You are not obligated to post everyday: I, on the other hand… Seriously, don’t feel like if you can’t participate everyday, you can’t play. Jump in whenever you can.
- This is a creative writing challenge: the prompts are meant to inspire you and you don’t have to be exact when using them.
Now that we’ve got all that out of the way, here are the themes:
2. It was no accident
3. Temporary insanity
4. When Hell freezes over
5. The empty bottle
7. Hint, hint
12. One bite
14. It has to be aliens
15. My ears are ringing
16. Shakespearean English
17. I faked it
19. Tastes like chicken
21. Yes, I made that
22. It’s only a dream
23. There are things
24. And then she said
25. Social media
26. Naked and lost
27. How did you find out?
28. And then my brain exploded
Yes, that really is the list. No, I’m not joking. You should have seen the ones we ruled out.
Oh, and I’d just like to mention that this is a challenge and not a competition. No, seriously. It’s not. Seriously. Nobody is going to be evaluating your work, meticulously grading every single line and compiling the results in a spreadsheet to determine your literary worthiness. Really.
There’s supposed to be a whole ‘nother paragraph here with a bunch of words strung together to form witty, clever sentences that would have you laughing out loud for realz except that I just re-read the list of prompts and have decided to make another liquor store run instead. There’s no way 12 cases of vodka is going to be enough.